This report describes three captive South American green snakes (Philodryas baroni) that suffered secondary ivermectin toxicity after ingesting mice exposed to a mistakenly over-concentrated medicated feed. Two snakes were found dead and the third was found moribund but revived with supportive care. Brain concentrations in mice and the two deceased snakes supported ivermectin toxicosis.
- South American green snake
- philodryas baroni
- Received January 22, 2014.
- Revision received March 13, 2014.
- Accepted March 17, 2014.
- British Veterinary Association
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.